Boost your strategic design, business and leadership skills with the DFWD Workshop Series!
The DFWD Workshops are modeled after the DFWD Advance and Emerge cohort sessions and PVD Design Catalyst sessions, and include a mix of strategic design advancement with professional and business development tools. These à la carte workshops are highly interactive and engaging to help participants build business acumen and strategy for design and innovation-driven small businesses and their employees.
The Spring 2020 Virtual Workshop series is happening online this June. Spots are limited - REGISTER TODAY via below links!
- Experience Design with Tellart - Tue 6/2 & 6/4, 2-4:30PM
- Communication Strategy for Remote Designers with Mari Anne Snow - Fri 6/5, Fri 6/12 & Fri 6/19, 8:30-10AM
- Branding Re-Fresh & Business Development Jump Start with Sara Ossana - Tue 6/9 & Thurs 6/11, 10AM-12PM
- Marketing Your Design Business with Luann Edwards - Thur 6/11 & Thur 6/18, 3-5PM
- Designing Your CX Strategy with Kiran Uppuluri - Mon 6/15 & Fri 619, 10:30am-12PM
- Making and Being: You Already Have What You Need with Susan Jahoda and Caroline Woolard- Weds 6/17, 2-4PM
For any questions, contact Programs Developer Teagan Lehrmann: email@example.com.
PROGRAM COST & ELIGIBILITY:
COST: FREE with grant funding package*; otherwise $175 for 2-3hr courses and $325 for 4-6hr course
ELIGIBILITY: Rhode Island residents with a design background, and working in or seeking employment in the design sector. Non-RI resident designers working for employers based in Rhode Island are also eligible with employer approval.
* DESIGNxRI has a funding partnership with the State of RI that can cover all costs of the participation if you meet the eligibility requirements. Once your eligibility is confirmed, a comprehensive REAL JOBS RI enrollment package will be emailed to you to complete your FREE participation. All paperwork MUST be filled out BEFORE the workshop to participate. You must be able to attend all sessions of your workshop in order to qualify for this grant.
Past DFWD Workshops series includes:
- UX, Prototyping and Iteration
- Marketing Your Design Business
- Design-Driven Change Management
- Communicating with Intent
- Design Business Bootcamp
- Design Strategy for Innovation
These ala-carte workshops include:
- Muti-sessions allow for learning & implementation
- Professional development in strategic design skills
- A unique network of designers and peers spanning across design disciplines
- Hands-on learning and interactive experiences with experts in the field
DESIGN FORWARD RI is a comprehensive strategic and leadership development series for designers in Rhode Island, presented by DESIGNxRI. Pilot funding for these workshops is provided by Real Jobs RI, and include project partners Downcity Design and a diverse group of design employer partners throughout the state. Learn more at http://www.designxri.com/programs/designforward.