Boost your strategic design, business and leadership skills with the DFWD Workshop Series!
- UX, Prototyping and Iteration
- Marketing Your Design Business
- Design-Driven Change Management
- Communicating with Intent
- Design Business Bootcamp
- Design Strategy for Innovation
Piloted in May 2018, these workshops are currently free*!
- Half, full and two day-long sessions
- Professional development in strategic design skills
- A unique network of designers and peers spanning across design disciplines
- Hands-on learning and workshops
How to apply:
Click the links below to register for any of the current workshops:
- UX, Prototyping and Iteration | Wednesday, May 23, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm | Instructors: Nick Skappaticci and Kara Sanchez of Tellart
- Marketing Your Design Business | Friday, June 1, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm | Instructor: Colin Murphy of Providence Design
- Design-Driven Change Management | Wednesday, June 13, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm | Instructor: Mari Anne Snow of Sophaya
- Communicating with Intent | Saturday, June 16, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm | Instructor: Mari Anne Snow of Sophaya
- Design Business Boot Camp | Friday/Saturday, June 29-30, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm | Instructors: Colin Murphy, Mari Anne Snow, Nick Scappaticci and Kara Sanchez
* Due to the funding source, these free workshops are limited to those with a design background, and working in or seeking employment in the design sector. Must be a Rhode Island resident.
DESIGN FORWARD RI is a comprehensive strategic and leadership development series for designers in Rhode Island, presented by DESIGNxRI. Pilot funding for these workshops is provided by Real Jobs RI, and include project partners Downcity Design and a diverse group of design employer partners throughout the state. Learn more at http://www.designxri.com/programs/designforward.