Boost your strategic design, business and leadership skills with the DFWD Workshop Series!
The DFWD Workshops are modeled after the DFWD Advance and Emerge cohort sessions and PVD Design Catalyst sessions, and include a mix of strategic design advancement with professional and business development tools. These à la carte workshops are highly interactive and engaging to help participants build business acumen and strategy for design and innovation-driven small businesses and their employees.
The Summer 2019 Workshop series happening at Innovate Newport. Spots are limited - REGISTER TODAY via below links!
- Thursday, August 22, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM – Marketing Your Design Business with Scott Asadorian of URI + James Kwon of Figmints
- Monday, August 26, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM – Business Development Strategies* with Sara Ossana of Ossana Design & Consulting
- Thursday, August 29, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM – User Experience Design* with Nick Scappaticci of Tellart
- Friday, August 30, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM – Design-Driven Change Management* with Mari Anne Snow of Sophaya
- Wednesday, September 5, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM – Entrepreneurial Strategies* with Kristine Merz of Orange Square
* All six-hour courses include coffee and lunch.
For any questions, contact Programs and Events Manager, Catherine Chung: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM COST & ELIGIBILITY:
COST: FREE with grant funding package*; otherwise $200 for 3-hour course and $350 for 6-hour course
ELIGIBILITY: Rhode Island residents with a design background, and working in or seeking employment in the design sector. Non-RI resident designers working for employers based in Rhode Island are also eligible with employer approval.
* DESIGNxRI has a funding partnership with the State of RI that can cover all costs of the participation if you meet the eligibility requirements. Once your eligibility is confirmed, a comprehensive REAL JOBS RI enrollment package will be emailed to you to complete your FREE participation. All paperwork MUST be filled out BEFORE the workshop to participate in the workshop.
Past DFWD Workshops series includes:
- UX, Prototyping and Iteration
- Marketing Your Design Business
- Design-Driven Change Management
- Communicating with Intent
- Design Business Bootcamp
- Design Strategy for Innovation
These ala-carte workshops include:
- Half, full, and two day-long sessions
- Professional development in strategic design skills
- A unique network of designers and peers spanning across design disciplines
- Hands-on learning and interactive experiences
DESIGN FORWARD RI is a comprehensive strategic and leadership development series for designers in Rhode Island, presented by DESIGNxRI. Pilot funding for these workshops is provided by Real Jobs RI, and include project partners Downcity Design and a diverse group of design employer partners throughout the state. Learn more at http://www.designxri.com/programs/designforward.