Boost your strategic design, business and leadership skills with the DFWD Workshop Series!
The DFWD Workshops are modeled after the DFWD Advance and Emerge cohort sessions and PVD Design Catalyst sessions, and include a mix of strategic design advancement with professional and business development tools. These à la carte workshops are highly interactive and engaging to help participants build business acumen and strategy for design and innovation-driven small businesses and their employees.
The Fall 2020 Virtual Workshop series is happening online, Oct - Dec. REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVE!
- Creative Facilitation in Virtual Times with Adrienne Gagnon, Oct 27 & 29, 10am-12pm
- Taxes for Artists and Designers with Hannah Cole, Nov 9, 10am-12pm
- Building Your Creative Resume with Sacsha Flowers, Nov 10 & 17, 10am-12pm
- Designing a Comprehensive Portfolio with Sacsha Flowers, Nov 12 & 19, 10am - 12pm
- Collaborative & Holistic Production Practices with Making & Being, Dec 2 & 4th, 2-4pm
For any questions, contact Programs Developer Teagan Lehrmann: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM COST & ELIGIBILITY:
COST: FREE with grant funding package*; otherwise $175.
ELIGIBILITY: Rhode Island residents with a design background, and working in or seeking employment in the design sector. Non-RI resident designers working for employers based in Rhode Island are also eligible with employer approval.
* DESIGNxRI has a funding partnership with the State of RI that can cover all costs of the participation if you meet the eligibility requirements. Once your eligibility is confirmed, a comprehensive REAL JOBS RI enrollment package will be emailed to you to complete your FREE participation. All paperwork MUST be filled out BEFORE the workshop to participate. You must be able to attend all sessions of your workshop in order to qualify for this grant.
* Even if you are taking more than one workshop, you only need to fill out ONE RJRI enrollment form.
Past DFWD Workshops series includes:
- UX, Prototyping and Iteration
- Marketing Your Design Business
- Design-Driven Change Management
- Communicating with Intent
- Design Business Bootcamp
- Design Strategy for Innovation
These ala-carte workshops include:
- Muti-sessions allow for learning & implementation
- Professional development in strategic design skills
- Unique & intimate network of designers and peers spanning across design disciplines
- Hands-on learning and interactive experiences with experts in the field
DESIGN FORWARD RI is a comprehensive strategic and leadership development series for designers in Rhode Island, presented by DESIGNxRI. Pilot funding for these workshops is provided by Real Jobs RI, and include project partners Downcity Design and a diverse group of design employer partners throughout the state. Learn more at http://www.designxri.com/programs/designforward.