10:00 AM-12:00 PM
225 Dyer St.
Providence, RI 02903
ADA Accessible: See event description
Fee: Free! Pay what you wish. Any donation you make supports DESIGNxRI in organizing and executing DESIGN WEEK RI as well as any programs and events throughout the year.
Tour de Murals: A Providence Street Art Bike Tour
Join us for “Tour de Murals: A Providence Street Art Bike Tour” during DESIGN WEEK RI! This casual and relaxed bike tour will take us through the city’s streets, making frequent stops at captivating art pieces. Take your time to appreciate the art, learn intriguing insights, and experience the creative spirit of Providence while engaging in conversations with fellow art enthusiasts along the way.
A few logistics:
- Helmets are required to keep local laws (and noggins) in tact.
- Hop on your bike, scooter, skateboard, etc. – creativity on wheels is the key! This will be a relaxed, casual route with only short rides between artworks.
- For very little ones, kid carts and seats are welcome.
- The tour route will use active roadways so we will go over a few safety items at the start.
- Bring whatever snacks or water you need to keep your creative juices flowing.
- Dress comfortably, dress colorfully.
- Basic first aid and bike tools on standby – we’ve got you covered.
For those who cannot or prefer not to bike, worry not! We’ve got you covered. At the start we will be providing a map of the tour. You can either meet us at the designated art stops to join in the fun or embark on your own leisurely journey to explore Providence’s vibrant street art scene at your own pace. Everyone can be a part of this creative adventure!
David James, Maggie Snoke, and Leland Foster are three Providence-based design professionals and cycling enthusiasts so combining these passions felt natural. We set out to create an event that showcases the creative work and people in this community in a fun and interactive way open to anyone. We would love to see you (and all your friends) there!
David James is a local design engineer and loves exploring Rhode Island almost as much as he loves the design community here.
Maggie Snoke is a local industrial designer and is always eager to hop on her bike and explore the community. Helping lead a design based bicycle ride is a perfect amalgam of her two loves.
Leland Foster is along for the ride as a local digital designer and an eager cyclist looking to share his enjoyment for design and cycling!